To Our East House Community,
In light of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) developments, I wanted to take this opportunity to update you on all of the steps that East House is taking to address this unfolding situation. First and foremost, we are, and will remain, open. Our community residences, treatment apartment and supportive housing programs will continue to move lives forward throughout this event. The health and safety of our clients, as well as that of our staff, is always our top priority.
As we continue to adapt to the fast-changing community updates, our agency leadership team and staff are working diligently to apply measures that will insure safety and wellness, while complying with the NYS Department of Health recommendations. Effective immediately, we will no longer allow guest visits or drop-in appointments to East House community residences, apartment programs and administrative office building. Affinity Place will remain open.
We will continue to work with community leaders and state and federal agencies to respond quickly to the changing needs of our community and our clients throughout this state of emergency. While we are optimistic that this is a temporary situation, we are proactively planning for any potential outcome so that we may face our challenges with agility and strength. I would like to take a moment to thank all of our staff who continue to work diligently to foster a healthy environment for our clients.
Fear and anxiety about this disease can cause strong emotions and, at times, be overwhelming. If you find that you are experiencing more stress than usual, here are a few tips to cope:
• Connect with others. Use your smart phone to talk or video chat with friends and loved ones to feel more connected.
• Take breaks from watching, reading or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
• Practice stress relief if you feel anxiety building. Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, and get plenty of sleep.
• Do some activities that you enjoy doing at home.
• Do not participate in unhealthy activities that might increase your anxiety afterwards.
• Keep looking forward. Make fun plans for six months from now.
• If you need someone to talk to, please consider calling the Affinity Place warm line at 585.563.7470.
For information about how to protect you and you loved ones from coronavirus, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. For more tips about how to protect your mental health throughout this crisis, please visit Mental Health America https://mhanational.org/covid19.
East House is here for you. For the latest updates, please follow us on social media at EastHouseNY or visit our website at easthouse.org. If you have questions, please contact me at (585) 238-4800 or email@example.com.
Together, we will face and overcome these challenges. As John Milson said, “Every cloud has a silver lining.” Rest assured that together, we will get through this and be stronger in the end. Together, we will weather this storm.
President and CEO
East House Corporation